Configured Management Account Feature Not Recommended - Help

AHSitguy
New Contributor III

I have received a notification asking me to change the password method for user-initiated enrollment for the jamf admin account to a random password. I have set the password to a specific password so that I know what it is in case I ever have to use it in an emergency, so I don't want to change to a randomized password. Can anyone explain why it forces you to set the password to random and how do I get rid of the notification?
cdca6ff3aaea4ab886ec169e95bba104

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AHSitguy
New Contributor III

I ended up setting the management account password to random. I then used another policy to create a local admin account on the computer.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

gatesp
New Contributor

did you figure this out?

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

It's more secure to use a random password for each device instead of the same password for all devices. The management account has privileged access. As a general security control, you should not have common admin account credentials on every device.

I don't know how to get rid of that notification, but you can just continue to ignore it if you want.

AHSitguy
New Contributor III

I ended up setting the management account password to random. I then used another policy to create a local admin account on the computer.