Considering rolling out 9.4

jardoin1
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I'm running an environment where AD is used as the LDAP server for the domain. Macs are all running 10.9.4. Anybody have issues with 9.4 and Active Directory or Mavericks? I'm a bit gun-shy after the last upgrade and the issues we had (something about commas and such, probably didn't affect everybody). I'd like to know if anybody who has upgraded has outstanding issues not in the public release right now. I like to keep my software up to date, but I also like to retain availability of services :)

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

wmateo
Contributor

I personally am not going to upgrade until 9.5 or 9.6 or unless feature release that I must have. This update seems to focus on iOS devices which we don't manage much of. Maybe for others this update might be worth it. Reading from the release notes, there isn't enough for us make the update. I am running 9.32 and we are smooth sailing. Just my 2 cents

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

No issues here on the Mac AD integration side. However, if you don't need some of iOS Management improvements in 9.4, there might not be a compelling reason to upgrade (assuming you're on 9.3x).

colonelpanic
Contributor

There also is the issue where all your clients may have the jamfagent process eat up to 50% of their CPU...

hzimmerman
New Contributor III

colonelpanic: Can you be more specific? Is this an issue you were seeing with 9.32, or with 9.4?

jardoin1
New Contributor III

I've noticed on our current version system utilization is kind of high but I haven't tacked it down as specifically a JAMF issue yet. Is it worse in 9.4?