Consistent issues upgrading from 10.9 and 10.10 to OSX 10.11

zak_seipel
New Contributor

I know this has been talked about often on this forum but I am running into consistent issues upgrading our computers to ElCapitan from the versions previous. I have tried several methods but nothing discussed seems to be working. Today I followed the instructions: https://resources.jamf.com/documents/technical-papers/Deploying-OS-X-v10.7-or-Later-with-the-Casper-Suite.pdf

I am seeing two things happening. 1. Jamf admin is not pulling the InstallESD.dmg out of the .app file. Even after waiting a length of time and checking configuration settings. 2. When I manually copy the InstallESD.dmg out of the file and upload it to Jamf admin - proceeding with the rest of the steps - the result is nothing happens. I also have checked the logs but they indicate that everything went through smoothly.

I have seen some scripts that can be used to do the upgrade and I wish I had a record of what those where but I have tried several other methods with no results. (This has been a several week long project.)

Could anyone provide any insight into what I could try next. I apologize this is my first post so if I am missing any information needed please let me know.

1 REPLY 1

marklamont
Contributor III

I would try this, we used it as a basis for our upgrade process and it worked for 10.7 and up to roll out 10.12.