COVID and Adobe Remote learning

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

Check this out adobe is going to be helping educational institutions handling students having to work from home temporarily:

https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-enables-distance-learning-globally-schools-impacted-covid-19/

7 REPLIES 7

JamesJhoung
Contributor

We've requested this a few days ago, but still waiting for approval.

zinkotheclown
Contributor II

I never received an email response from Adobe indicating approval.

I found out through a notification in the Adobe Admin Portal.

jhuls
Contributor III

Anyone know if this is a one time request or can we add as we learn more? Some teachers aren't being quick to get back to me on how many licenses are needed for their students. It'd be nice to get the ones setup that have checked back in with numbers.

JamesJhoung
Contributor

@jhuls You should be able to add more after the fact. That's been working for us.

jhuls
Contributor III

@james179 Thanks. I originally had been told that I would need to collect how many accounts would need requested. That ended up not being the case though. The request went in and approved but, yesterday, when trying to add accounts via csv, it was pretty rough. It wasn't until the end of the day that I could do more than 4 at a time. Hoping to get more done today.

JamesJhoung
Contributor

@jhuls What issues are you running into with adding accounts via CSV? We've done an import that had a lot of accounts without any issues.

jhuls
Contributor III

It would fail and give me one of the following error messages for each account...

User wasn't found in organization
ORGANIZATION_USER_NOT_IN_ORGANIZATION

During this time I could sometimes get 1-4 accounts in at a time with no errors(I had to shorten the csv)...sometimes none...but never more than 4. I engaged with chat support who told me a number of different things that contradicted the last thing he/she would say before I gave it a try with 19 at the end of the day and it went through quick and smooth.

At one point they said I couldn't add a user to a group if they weren't already in the system but when I started asking if I could run a csv that added them to our system and then later run a csv to add them to the group I wanted, they stepped away and then came back telling me that it could be done which is how I did it with 19.