Creating a new smart group for latest flash player. Frustrating!

RobertBasil
Contributor
6 REPLIES 6

shawn_eberle
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@RobertBasil Hey there, thanks for posting this. A quick explanation: That criteria looks at patch tables to determine the version. Since the JSS doesn't yet know about that version you can't create a smart group for it... it would actually return back 'unknown'. That is why you are seeing that error message. We are working on getting those updates out in more timely manner every day, but in the meantime thanks for your patience.

RobertBasil
Contributor

I understand why it's reporting as "Unknown". What I'm saying is when a version number is reported it should report the version that is installed and not be limited to what JAMF has listed in it's patch tables.

shawn_eberle
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Gotcha, thanks for the feature request. I will bring this up to the team and see what we can do. Thanks UnknownVersion

PeterClarke
Contributor II

It's failing because of the "Version" criteria you have used..

You must choose "Like" or "not like" and NOT 'less then' or 'greater then'

This is because 'less then' and 'greater then' are trying to do a "number comparison"

But items like: 23.0.0.205 is NOT a number.. It's a string..
So you must use the operators 'like' and 'not like' to compare it.

RobertBasil
Contributor

@PeterClarke

No, that is not correct. Less than and greater than work just fine in a patch reporting smart group against version numbers. We use them for many of our patch reporting smart groups.

RobertBasil
Contributor

For example, this one works great.

6fe315b8d4dd487a81d87d06ffed97d6