Creative Cloud Packager - how to edit existing packages (.ccp)?

mhasman
Valued Contributor

Hello,

Creative Cloud Packager updated itself, and updated version does not show the option to open and edit existing packages, but only to create the new one. Do you know how to open .ccp file/preset now?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

mhasman
Valued Contributor

5bf0dc6569694067bfd3bbbc1cf89e03

mhasman
Valued Contributor

Previesly it has an option "Edit Package"
f53e0f9e412346e29ce61cfbd904e2e8

mhasman
Valued Contributor

And...
It is still mentioned on Adobe site:
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/packager/package-configurations.html

babaganouj
New Contributor II

Was wondering this myself and found out they removed that support

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/packager/creative-cloud-packager-faq.html

Can I edit an existing package?
No. Since Creative Cloud Packager 1.9.5, editing packages is not supported.

mhasman
Valued Contributor

So, now I have to manually re-create sets every time Adobe updates something? Horrible! Why? Why they did it?!!

kerouak
Valued Contributor

THAT SUCKS!!!]
My goodness, Adobe have really outdone themselves this time..

Back to Quark.. lol

paulaust
New Contributor

I am beginning to think that Adobe software programers would not be able to engineer their way out of a wet paper bag.

mike_rowland
New Contributor

I think this is because the tool now always looks for updates when you create a package. It caches the downloads under Application Support on a Mac (App Data? under PC) and shows an indication whether or not additional items are required based on your choices..

What I think would be interesting is that if you have a custom ETLA package with x apps out of the total available.. would be nice if you can save that recipe,, so.. if anyone knows how to open the .ccp file and move forward.. that would be useful to me.

bvrooman
Valued Contributor

I wonder if it was removed because modified packages had some crazy issues. If we built a new package and included all of the available apps and updates under our ETLA, we'd end up with about a 16GB package. If we then reopened that .ccp file, changed nothing, and clicked Build again, the output would be nearly 40GB.

Perhaps it was easier to remove the feature than to fix the bug.