Crowd Strike 4.2.6403.0 & 10.13.5

alexmcclements
Contributor

Howdy

I updated one of my test boxes to 10.13.5 and it promptly crashed and would no longer allow me to login.

I subsequently booted into safe mode and removed Crowd Strike rebooted and got straight in.

No word yet from Crowd Strike re if they're supporting 10.13.5 yet.

Alex

5 REPLIES 5

CostaDelSol
New Contributor II

I have no issue with the 10.13.5 update, however i'm running with the CrowdStrike 4.5.6702.0 version.

alexmcclements
Contributor

Yes, when I brought this up to our InfoSec team they said we were running an older version of the agent, they're supposed to supply me with the latest version for deployment and had neglected to do so.

Words were had.

ThomasPratt
New Contributor II

Our problem is that it hangs machines randomly when they try to reboot or shutdown. We are going to try out the new version that was released today and see what happens.

alexmcclements
Contributor

I think that's due to the agent not initializing, I've noticed the agent just randomly quits for no apparent reason.

mrbauer1
New Contributor

Please make sure you're using the latest sensor version - 4.6.6808 as it included a fix for the behavior you're seeing. There upcoming 4.7 version has an additional fix for behavior like you described. If you haven't already, please open a ticket with CrowdStrike. Your logs would be very helpful as we've only seen this a couple times.

Also CrowdStrike Falcon officially supports 10.13.5 and works with 10.13.6 beta 1.