Crowdstrike Installer "failing to reload sensor"

ajamfadmin1810
Contributor

Hello All

I am deploying Falcon from Crowdstrike and we have all the config profiles scoped out correctly for M1 machines and Intel machines. PPPC, sys ext, content filter and kernel extension all installing succesfully.

However when i go to install the sensor ive had about 80 fails out of 100 say "error to reload sensor", i check the CS dashboard and thos same machines are showing up there, so it seems the app is installing and licensing but exiting with an error of 1. This is making tracking harder for us to go back and see which machines failed to remediate since so many "failed" machines actually seem to be ok.

Anyone else run into this? I have a ticket with CS but they have not responded

The other 20 show succesful and licensed in Jamf and are good to go in CS as well, no major differences in machines from fails and success. Many of the same OS versions and architecture across both categories

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ajamfadmin1810
Contributor

Met with CS, they couldnt tell us why it isnt working correctly. We did move over from Script to Plist for licensing

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ajamfadmin1810
Contributor

Met with CS, they couldnt tell us why it isnt working correctly. We did move over from Script to Plist for licensing

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

@ajamfadmin1810 

Can you share more about the plist setup/configuration? I might be seeing the same issue : ) 

Thanks

C

Hi @gachowski 

Sure you just create a new config profile, the preference domain is com.crowdstrike.falcon

<dict> <key>provisioningToken</key> <string>XXXXXXXX</string> <key>ccid</key> <string>LICENSESTRING</string> </dict>