Delay Config Profile Application

JCCL
New Contributor III

I need to delay the application of a configuration profile with our internal wireless settings in it when a machine is first run through prestage. I would like the order of events to be:

1) Prestage
2) User logs in
3) DEPNotify runs
4) DEPnotify finishes, reboots the computer
5) Internal wireless configuration profile is applied
6) Computer switches to the internal wireless

I've run into the issue where moving to the internal wireless (802.1x) breaks DEPNotify when the config profile is applied at whatever the "default" application sequence is. Does anybody have any ideas on how I can delay the application of the internal wireless profile no sooner than step 4?

7 REPLIES 7

Phantom5
Contributor II

DEPNotify saves several BOM files when finished. You can read those BOM files with an EA and scope the configuration profile to that EA

JCCL
New Contributor III

@Phantom5 OK thanks!! I'll try to locate those and read up on using EAs a little more. Still pretty new to Jamf :)

JCCL
New Contributor III

@Phantom5 Worked brilliantly. Thanks again!

WsIT
New Contributor II

Hey @JCCL ,
I have the same issue here too, can you please elaborate who you solved it using the BOM an EA?

Thanks!

JCCL
New Contributor III

@WixSystemIT you bet!!

I used the file com.depnotify.registration.done as my indicator of the DEPNotify process finishing. Here is what I did.

• I created an EA called "DEPNotifyLogPresent".

67128d7407cb48f7900618ab2534b313

Here is the code:

#!/bin/sh
if [ -e /var/tmp/com.depnotify.registration.done ]
then 
  echo "<result>True</result>"
else
  echo "<result>False</result>"
fi

- Then I created a smart group called "ReadyForInternalWifi" with the criteria being that EA being false.

c806dc32415d47ec9187e1508583fae8

• Finally, I scoped the wireless profile to the smart group.

Last week I went through the deployment of 100 Macbook Pros that were basically self-provisioned by the end-user. This solution worked for all of them and I didn't have the issue once.

WsIT
New Contributor II

Working like a charm!
Thanks a lot!!

WsIT
New Contributor II

:-)