delete

aqwetsgdvzk
New Contributor II
9 REPLIES 9

wesleya
Contributor

Is this true across your entire fleet?

In my environment we have had some problems with Self Service, but they're intermittent. In those cases, we use Apple Remote Desktop to copy a "good" Self Service client to the affected computers.

hkabik
Valued Contributor

Is this all packages? If it's just this package, is this a particularly large installer?

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@lotonyni When you're looking at your Policy in your JSS console, make a note of the the Policy ID in the URL for that page. Using that ID, and a terminal session on a machine that the policy fails to complete via Self Service, issue the command sudo jamf policy -verbose -id <THE_ID_YOU_FOUND>. That will run the policy in verbose mode, and hopefully give you an idea why it's hanging up.

cpdecker
Contributor III

I think this may be a bug. We have this happen quite often, JSS version 9.98. When this occurs, disabling and re-enabling the policy or removing the offending device from the scope of the policy and then re-scoping has fixed it every time.

mahughe
Contributor

What's your JSS infrastructure? how many clients?

aqwetsgdvzk
New Contributor II

delete

aqwetsgdvzk
New Contributor II

delete

seansb
New Contributor III

@lotonyni

Not sure if you've been able to troubleshoot further. By chance, are you only encountering this problem with a single package (other packages install via Self Service just fine?). If so, is it possible that you started to install this package and clicked cancel (or the install was interrupted midway?). I think this issue may occur as a result of canceling a package mid way via Self Service, and other subsequent tries will fail (probably because there is a partial package downloaded). I think modification of the policy may cause the entire policy to re-fresh and re-run (in the event that the package changed). Just a theory.

aqwetsgdvzk
New Contributor II

delete