DEP - Prestage Enrollment - Mojave 10.14.3 - Failing - Help

Hugonaut
Valued Contributor II

Hello Jamf Nation,

Wiping & reinstalling the OS Now to see if that does it (hoping it does) but if not..heres the details.

Hardware: MacBook Air - Core i7 (Early 2015)
Operating System: Mojave 10.14.3
Jamf Pro Version: 10.7.1
Server: Self Hosted / On-Prem

The computer is in our DEP just fine & in the PreStage Enrollment just fine. It even shows up as assigned "Less than a Minute Ago" - The Problem?

The Problem is that even though the "PreStage Enrollment Status" is "Assigned Less than or X Minutes Ago" - the MDM / Configuration Available screen at first boot / initial configuration does not appear & all of the 'Setup Assistant' options are showing whether they are flagged or not. (They are all flagged to not display during enrollment - for the record.)

I have never seen/experienced this before & after hours of troubleshooting, here I am! Any Thoughts?

Virtual MacAdmins Monthly Meetup - First Friday, Every Month
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sshort
Valued Contributor

If you're using Jamf Cloud and not on-prem you might just be encountering service issues: https://status.jamf.com/

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

sshort
Valued Contributor

If you're using Jamf Cloud and not on-prem you might just be encountering service issues: https://status.jamf.com/

Hugonaut
Valued Contributor II

@sshort Thanks for the heads up ! I had no idea..... one thing I forgot to mention - we are currently on-prem - adding that now & being in PA - wondering if the "us-east-1: Jamf Pro - Standard" server effects us...

lyonheart14
New Contributor

Does going through setup assistance and manually triggering a DEP check bring in the mdm profile? We had this issue and since the 'sudo profiles renew -type enrollment' command brought in everything, support suggested that it might have been quality-checked at the factory. Then, since it saw no DEP assignment, never checked again until manually told to do so.

Hugonaut
Valued Contributor II

For the record - US-East MDM Servers were experiencing technical difficulties & werent passing to our macs.

@lyonheart14 & @sshort - Thank you