DEP & Proxy Settings

k3vmo
Contributor II

In order to have any external connectivity, my devices require an explicit proxy setting for outbound traffic.

How can this be addressed as part of the setup? In any previous deployment - I've never had to worry about a proxy setting.

Since I'm still in the manually managed phase - after the network user logs in - I take them to Advanced Network settings and enter the proxy FQDN - the user then enters their network credentials.

How would one address this as part of the setup? I can't think of any easy way to streamline it

2 REPLIES 2

davehale
New Contributor II

Be sure to check out:

https://help.apple.com/deployment/macos/#/ior9d28751c0

The traffic is a secured, binary protocol specific to APNs, and it can’t go through a proxy. Attempts to inspect the traffic or reroute it result in the client, APNs, and the push provider servers marking the network conversation as compromised and invalid.

k3vmo
Contributor II

I apologize - I failed to indicate I was referring to a client system - their MacBook Pro

• it was my understanding that this was from the - server - that couldn't be behind a proxy.. We've resolved that issue I hadn't run into anyone from my Apple field engineering indicating this would be an issue from - the client systems -

Am I wrong??