Deploying certificates to iPads

stcjamf
New Contributor

Hello all. We are new to JAMF, just adopted it managing over 500 ipads at our school. We are using our Lightspeed proxy and while setting it up to decrypt SSL (Google safe search and others) we found we needed to deploy its certificate to the ipads. I have setup a separate Configuration Profile to push this out using the Certificate payload. However, none of the groups I have assigned this to have installed it. If I go on any of the devices manually to the url for the cert they install and create the profile correctly. Any ideas or clues on what I am missing or doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

mradams
Contributor

Is you Distribution method set to Automatically? Click on Logs at the bottom to see if there are errors, this will help in troubleshooting.

stcjamf
New Contributor

It is set to Automatically. The logs only show as Pending for the Smart Mobile Device group that it's been scoped to. I have tried pushing apps and commands to the devices and those work right away.

mradams
Contributor

Can you assign to an individual device to see it the certificate will install?

stcjamf
New Contributor

Thank you for the fast response. I tried to assign it to just one device and it still did not install. Is there another way to accomplish this?

mradams
Contributor

I recommend going to the device in JSS and select History - Management History, look to see if there are any pending commands. if so clear them and push an update inventory.