Deploying Custom .mobileconfig Files

betty02
New Contributor II

So,

I have 2 .mobileconfig files I wish to deploy, one is for the dock that I created and another to change the Desktop Wallpaper, how will i upload these to casper and deploy them through configuration profiles? Only need to go to 15 machines but want to get them pushed out asap!

Any ideas?

Thanks
Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@betty02 In the JSS go to "Computers" > "Configuration Profiles" & press the "Upload" button to upload.

The scope as needed.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

bentoms

@betty02 In the JSS go to "Computers" > "Configuration Profiles" & press the "Upload" button to upload.

The scope as needed.

betty02
New Contributor II

@bentoms Jesus! How did I not see that!!!

Thanks!

achristoforatos
Contributor II

@bentoms How do I go about making a configuration profile for the dock but not disturbing what is there?

marklamont
Contributor III

@achristoforatos I use profile creator to create a dock profile. You can then leave the default of merge with users dock or change it to replace the dock.6f3072eb0c404784b4396f3d68ce3963

use the save plist option and load that into jamf as a custom setting, or save it a signed mobilconfig and just import it.

Personally I use the plist option as I can see what the settings are then.

slashnext
New Contributor II

@bentoms i pushed it but its status is "Failed" everytime i try.

bentoms

@slashnext whoa.. this is an old thread.. are you pushing other profiles ok?

slashnext
New Contributor II

@bentoms yeah the default configurations like passcode and restrictions are pushing correctly.Also i have a problem of pushing $EMAIL in custom profile.it does not deploy user email address on machine.

bentoms

@slashnext for $EMAIL the user needs an email in their record for the device, for the other it might be a malformed plist you're trying to deploy

slashnext
New Contributor II

@bentoms the user has email in record on jamf with the associated computer.

bentoms

@slashnext is this profile being deployed at the user level? Can you unscope there device then re-deploy?

slashnext
New Contributor II

@bentoms i have tried to deploy it on user level and machine level, for both case it did not work.

bentoms

@slashnext you should reach out to support, then they can have a proper look & see what's up.