Deploying in-House iOS app - "the app cannot be installed because its integrity could not be verified"

chrisdaggett
Contributor II

Good afternoon!

We are dabbling with trying to deploy an in-house app to some of our ipads. We have a developer signed app made, but when added and scoped to an iPad and "installed" from self service, if you click the app you get "Unable to install "appname.ipa" This app cannot be installed because its integrity could not be verified".

I have done ample searching and read through the JAMF documentation on In-House app deployment and clearly I am missing something :-D. Is it required to have an AD/Certificates in order to deploy in house apps with App Configuration? This is for a hosted JSS. Or do the apps have to be made with an enterprise account?

Any help / guidance is much appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

fsjjeff
Contributor II

Did you ever find a solution to this? We have an in-house app that literally just stopped working today. When I try to install it fresh on a device I get this error message. For the devices it was already installed on it's now saying the app "is No Longer Available".

Vincem
New Contributor

HIHad you had an opportunity to get any info from developers on the solution?

Honestly I think they just rebuilt the app in XCode and we re-uploaded it.  Not sure what triggered the issue in the first place, but I'm starting to think in-house apps need to be updated (at least rebuild and re-uploaded) at least once a year to keep running.

Deverall
New Contributor II

I am looking for some answers to this as well.

zacahrya
New Contributor

Did anyone ever find a solution here? I'm experiencing this on iOS 15.1 now.

fsjjeff
Contributor II

Can't remember exactly how we resolved it (I'm the deployment guy but the issue was fixed by the developers) but I think the developer had to re-sign and republish the app and then I uploaded it as an update.  iOS 15 changed something about how in house app signing works.

zacahrya
New Contributor

The issue we encountered was because we were transitioning our ABM license from one instance of JAMF to another and the application licenses were getting hung up on the old JAMF instance where no devices were assigned. JAMF should have pulled everything and deactivated the old instance, which appeared as if it did. This issue was only resolved by removing the ABM account from the old instance of JAMF entirely. After that deployments worked swimmingly.