Desktop wallpaper is locked

nhennig
New Contributor

I was pushing a restrictions profile to my users that limited access in System Prefs. It also set the desktop background to /Library/Desktop Pictures/El Capitan 2.jpg. Even though I didn't click the checkbox for "lock desktop picture", my users were not able to change the image.

So, I removed the setting to set the desktop picture to /Library/Desktop Pictures/El Capitan 2.jpg, and re-pushed the profile. My users still cannot change their desktop background.

2 REPLIES 2

SeanA
Contributor III

I do not know the solution, though I can provide some troubleshooting steps to try to isolate the problem.
On one or a few of your user's, check System Preferences > Profiles and see if your restriction still resides on their client. Another option is to make sure that the user's have checked into the JSS to update their management settings. From the client machine, you can run a "jamf manage" command to do that; sometimes, restarting the computer will also force that management check-in.

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@nhennig did you lock out the Desktop system preference? That would also stop the user from editing it, even if you hadn't used the "lock desktop picture" option.