Device Enrollment Notifications on MacBook Pro M1 I bought

Nassimcreates
New Contributor

Hello,

I just bought my first Apple device, the Macbook Pro 2020 M1 (bought second hand), the problem is that I have the impression that it is linked to an apple MDM program, because I receive random notifications from "DEP". (I have no idea what that is, my first time seeing it)

I wanted to know what it is exactly?

I knew about this forum from a link I found after running a request in the terminal "sudo profiles show -type enrollment" where I got a lot of information about a famous company, Screenshot: https://ibb.co/b2pVW9L

Note: as I told you above, this is my first time buying an apple device, I'm a bit lost, since I always used windows

Thanks
(translated by deepl)

4 REPLIES 4

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

Since you purchased from someone, then I would go back to whoever you purchased the computer from and explain the issue. It looks like they didn't release the computer from that company's Apple Business Manager account. So, it's trying re-enroll back to that company's management system. 

The one who sold it to me is a reseller, what he told me was that this MacBook was in a lot sold at auction by the company (he refuses to refund me), now I have contacted support by email to get the history of this device, I really hope it is not a stolen device.
I was warned before I bought it to be careful with icloud blocked macbooks but I was not informed about this MDM program.

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

Which support did you contact? Apple support?

sayr01
Contributor

unless it is released from apple school manager there is nothing you can do. it is locked precisely for the reason you mentioned above.