Device not "exiting" iBeacon zone in JSS

monogrant
Contributor

Has anyone else had trouble with devices constantly reporting they're in range of iBeacon zones in the JSS? I've been testing some beacons and I cannot get my devices to leave the area - even if I power the beacon off! In the inventory, the device shows it's still in all the previous iBeacon zones. I have attempted to run an updated inventory - which updates changed apps, not iBeacon zones.

I'm hoping for a more real time, in zone/exit zone, location tracking so we can apply specific policies based on (near) real time location.

Update - just found a device on an old test iBeacon that hasn't been powered on for over 4 months.

7 REPLIES 7

hhochwald
New Contributor II

I got the same problem...
the ipad do not leave the ibeacon region, even wiping the ipad does not force the ipad to leave the ibeacon

monogrant
Contributor

As best I can tell, this appear to be an issue in the JSS. We have devices that have been wiped and we have even removed some test beacons and they all still show up as in the zone. Perhaps the Self Service app isn't pulling iBeacon details correctly.

aastechvendors
New Contributor II

I have the same problem, devices are out of iBeacon zones and still showing up as registered with them in JSS inventory.

rzoppi
New Contributor III

I too have this issue and I just updated to JSS 9.97.1488392992. iPads do not exit regions even after ibeacon has been removed from jss.

necctech
New Contributor

Did anyone ever get a solution to this? The only way I can find to do it is to have another beacon overwrite the current. There should be an easier way...?

hhochwald
New Contributor II

i got still the same problem, (2018)
Any solution right now?

ttuathlstaff
New Contributor

I too am seeing this issue.