Disabled iPad with WiFi turned off

MikeV-Holden
New Contributor

Student set a passcode and turned off WiFi. The device is supervised and running iOS 8.1. When it is plugged into a computer, iTunes will not connect to it until the passcode has been entered. I'm open to wiping it, but not sure how to make that happen without WiFi or iTunes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nick_Gooch
Contributor III

Can you swipe up from the bottom and access the control bar to turn wifi back on?

To wipe it: While plugged in hold down both power and home button until you see the apple logo then let go of the power button but continue to hold the home button until you get the plug into iTunes screen. Restore in iTunes from there.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Nick_Gooch
Contributor III

Can you swipe up from the bottom and access the control bar to turn wifi back on?

To wipe it: While plugged in hold down both power and home button until you see the apple logo then let go of the power button but continue to hold the home button until you get the plug into iTunes screen. Restore in iTunes from there.

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

I've been having difficulty with iTunes not connecting and clearing the Disabed State during sync, when it is supposed to if there is a pre-established trust relationship (which I did do on deployment). I haven't had time to dig into it, so wiped the ipad.

ItsMe_Sean
Contributor

If your iPads are supervised using a laptop via configurator, then try this out. It's worked successfully for me on my dev iPad that I disabled intentionally to test this

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=12444

Once you have sent the clear code command using the article linked, plug it into iTunes on your management laptop and sync the device, which then unlocks it during the sync process.

- Sean

MikeV-Holden
New Contributor

The two-button restore worked. One thing to keep an eye on. While the computer was downloading a fresh iOS, the iPad 'reset' itself and I had to perform the two-button restore once again.