Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 9 kudos

Snow Leopard Distribution Point Scheduled Sync

Hey all, I’m having an issue setting up a new Casper DistPoint running Snow Leopard Server (10.6.2). I’ll setup the server, setup my Share. I can run a manual sync out of Casper Admin just fine. But when I launch the JSS Utility (7.1), and attempt to...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging Adobe Reader

Is it just me or does anyone else ever have problems packaging Adobe Reader ? We always find it very hit and miss.It comes in a .pkg file, but it doesn't seem that you can just use that from Casper. We have tested this and itdoesn't seem to work. I w...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x System Profiles on 10.6 deployed at image

Hello folks, Some may remember a while ago I was asking about automating thedeployment of 802.1x system profiles using the new CLI tools in 10.6.Well our local Apple SE was kind enough to come out and spend themorning with me here and help figure out...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Getting a user's real name

Aside from manually putting a user's name in manually, anyone have any tips on pulling the info from Accounts in System Prefs or maybe dscl and piping it into a JSS record for the machine?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CS4 Installation Disk(s)

There was some talk, last year, about getting a giant image file from Adobe for the CS4 suite. My boss finally bought the licenses for "Design Premium 4.0" and I would like to get this going. Someone mentioned that they got one giant image file, and ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Screen saver unlocking permissions

Hi- Has anyone used managed prefs or editing /etc/authorization to limit the ability to unlock the screensaver to the person who’s logged in? The default state is that anyone who’s an admin can unlock it if the currently logged in user is a standard-...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Screen saver unlocking permissions (UNCLASSIFIED)

Classification: UNCLASSIFIEDCaveats: FOUO Modifying this key: system.login.screensaver class rule comment The owner or any administrator canunlock the screensaver. rule authenticate-session-owner-or-admin To system.login.screensaver class rule com...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

enabling Guest account via command line or policy

Our machines have the Guest Account turned off... and I want to turn them all on. Does anyone have the command or a tip for enabling Guest account via command line or policy? Peter Peter GawlockiInfrastructure/Desktop Support, Tier 2 Cell Signaling T...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Prefs issue

I have created a couple of managed prefs to expand all of the print and savedialog boxes and set them to user level enforced. I rebooted the machinesthat are part of the profile and the save dialog boxes are working as theyshould but the print dialog...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Data too long for column 'date_modified' at row x

Hi all, We're getting the below error in our policy logs on some macs when using the override jss command to get them to periodically update a remote jss. Error entering unix application: com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlDataTruncation: Data truncation: Data too ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Final Cut Studio and composer

Hi Everyone, I am again writing about a failed attempt and packaging a Final Cut Studio 3 using the latest composer. I created this from an iMac which is identical to the ones in the lab. I then took a basic install of only the OS with all the update...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automator action as root?

Does anyone know if it’s possible to run an Automator action as root? I’m creating an action to migrate a local user account to a domain user account and need to make sure the action has privs to copy items. Thanks!---Jared F. NicholsDesktop Engineer...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

setting power setting in nbi

So, we are thinking that since our netboot installer has power settings for the client machine to go to sleep if idle affects the performance of AFP. Anyone else seen this also? We are all running either 10.5 or 10.4 netboot servers for imaging. Do a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

force TomCat to use more than 8gigs of RAM

So, I figured someone out there on the list knows this... The JSS Setup Utility only allows for a maximum value of 8gigs of RAM set to the JSS for TomCat. Well, I upgraded my server last night to 24gigs of RAM and I want TomCat to use at least 16Gig,...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad and ARD

While I was *dreaming* for a much geekier device I knew Apple wasn't goingto give it to me. I wanted a USB port - both for memory sticks and for useas a mini display like you can get at ThinkGeek- , some file managementcapability, mini-displayport, a...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT: Nested SUS's?

Hey all, Quick q. We've just started to expand our OD & wish to host SUS on this remote server. I was wondering how you guys manage the administration of multiple SUS... Do you enable updates on each individual SUS? Or point them all to another SUS (...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP Mappings with AD on JSS

Hello, I'll most likely open a support ticket for this as all organizations are probably different. We use Active Directory and I have yet to be able to add a group from AD and grant it access to the JSS. The problem I think is the "Map Member Users ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

HTTPS Distribution Point

Does anyone have any idea of why when I changed my Dist. Point from HTTP toHTTPS and changed the port form 80 to 8443 that all of my policies failstating that they cannot verify the download? I know for a fact that isisn't downloading anything becaus...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Not sleeping during logout

This is probably an odd question, but this issue occurs some (read all of the time) in my environment. We run laptops for our students, they are on carts and have a generic local login that the students use to login and do their work, and then they c...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reboot message to users

So I'm experimenting with wording our reboot message to users. It seems this message is not really helpful to users and is causing users to forget to reboot ASAP.#######################Message from Helpdesk: Updates have been installed to your comput...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CS4 Acrobat Pro 9.3.0

Is anyone else seeing the Acrobat Pro 9.3.0 update breaking suiteactivations? I swear all of the suite was working on 9.1.3 before I patched it to 9.3.0.Now Acrobat tells me to launch Photoshop to activate the suite. I dothat...and still get the erro...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone having problems with Firefox 3.6 and pre-built?

I've been checking out Firefox 3.6 and I want to create a package for my school but after building the package with the Composer pre-built and deploying it, it just seems to hang or crash at startup. Anybody get a successful FF 3.6 package? I am just...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

update jamf binary

I noticed that my jamf binary is not updating on my client machines.I thought it was part of the Management Framework... but then upon further investigation... i am supposed to have a policy that was created with the JSS setup assistant at the beginn...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reboot message options

Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this problem. So we're beginning to roll out a policy that will gradually encompass all 900 Macs in our company. The thing I want to avoid is having these machines all run the Apple software updates option at t...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pushing License via Casper Suite (now KeyServer)

KeyServer client merely checks to see how many licenses are in use and will either allow or deny the application launch based on the KeyServer configuration. This thread is about each application developers license/activation code and is specific to ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors