dsconfigad -passinterval 0 giving error on new MacBook Air's running 10.10.4

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

So the command I used to use to turn off the Active Directory password timeout is giving an error on the new MacBook Air's running 10.10.4.

sudo dsconfigad -passinterval 0

The error I get is "Result of command:
dsconfigad: No operation specified nor update requested"
Just wondering if the command has changed?
I should add that I'm looking back in the logs and this has been going on since February on various machines running 10.9.5 as well. I'm trying removing the extra sudo in the command to see if that resolves it.
Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

What Im seeing is actually it didn't finish the binding process before the command was running, so I moved it further down in the list and that seems to have fixed it. The capitol letter issue was from my previous post and I did check that too...lol, but it looks more like a timing issue.

Thanks all for the suggestions though...

Its funny though because when I search for issues that come up, I tend to find in jamfnation that I've either already asked about them or even solved them in the past and had just forgotten lol.

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jhalvorson
Valued Contributor

Check the capitalization in the argument. Do you recall you had tripped on this before? Just wondering if you had an older script that was getting used again with the capitol "i".

passinterval vs passInterval

Not applicable

Gabe, how are you running that command, ie from a script etc? Is the Mac bound to AD, can AD accounts log in?

The dsconfigad help on both 10.9.5 and 10.10.4 shows that command as all lower-case, -passinterval.

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@jhalvorson haha.

@gshackney was that it?

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

What Im seeing is actually it didn't finish the binding process before the command was running, so I moved it further down in the list and that seems to have fixed it. The capitol letter issue was from my previous post and I did check that too...lol, but it looks more like a timing issue.

Thanks all for the suggestions though...

Its funny though because when I search for issues that come up, I tend to find in jamfnation that I've either already asked about them or even solved them in the past and had just forgotten lol.

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@gshackney that's why I blog!!

Oh & please mark your last response as the answer.. Will be helpful the next time someone asks. :)