EA to gather McAfee Security version info

dpertschi
Valued Contributor

Until now, I've been happy pulling the major version of McAfee Security with an EA reading: /Applications/McAfee Security.app/Contents/Info CFBundleShortVersionString

Now I'm concerned with also collecting the minor version in parenthesis when you use the About McAfee Security menu item. But for the life of me I can't find that string anywhere in the application bundle. Must be elsewhere, but where?

2 REPLIES 2

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Hmm, I could have sworn we had an EA that captured that, but in looking through our Extension Attributes, I see ones for the main Security.app version and a few other things, but nothing that pulls that build identifier. I believe that is the build number.
I also don't see it anywhere in taking a quick look through the application and some of the other components, like "cma". Not sure where that string exists, but I agree, its got to be somewhere.
If I figure it out, I'll let you know.

Anyway, the whole way the McAfee product numbers are set up is completely confusing. The Security.app has its own version, (1.2.0 in our case) which is totally different than the version of the Anti-malware product. And if you also happen to be unlucky enough to be using Endpoint Encryption, that's got its own version too.
You state you're looking for the sub version for McAfee Security.app and I assume that's actually what you meant. But just to be sure, you don't mean the Anti-malware version strings, do you?

dpertschi
Valued Contributor

Correct, I want to pull the patch/build/sub version of the Security.app. Just knowing v1.2.0 isn't enough, I need to know who has the 1549 build vs 1444 build.

BTW, if you haven't seen John McAfee's 'how to uninstall' video online, check it out (at home), it's a riot. Surprising the company hasn't changed their name!