TomDay
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Over the weekend I upgraded our JSS to v9.24. All is working
well but I am seeing 1 small bug in Imaging. Following the instructions on
Jamfnation <https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=67>, I
updated the version of the Casper Suite in my netboot image but every time
I kick off Casper Imaging with this netboot image on a client, I always get
the message "Casper Imaging is an application downloaded from the
Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?" Thinking its because the original image was created with Gatekeeper on, so my question is, how can I edit this netboot image to "allow from anywhere" so I don't have to create a new netboot set?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

freddie_cox
Contributor III

To keep from having to rebuild your Netboot Set you can remove the quarantine file attribute.

To get rid of this flag, you should be able to mount the Netboot Image on your server and use the following command to remove the flag from the file:

xattr -d -r com.apple.quarantine /Path/to/Imaging Application/

You may also have to do this when you upgrade the imaging application on your Netboot Set which you can do by mounting the image and dropping the new app in.

Edit: You may be able to use the defaults command to disable this prompt for the netboot set by doing the following:

defaults write /Volumes/NetbootImage/Library/Preferences/com.apple.LaunchServices LSQuarantine -bool NO

I haven't tested this, so YMMV.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

freddie_cox
Contributor III

To keep from having to rebuild your Netboot Set you can remove the quarantine file attribute.

To get rid of this flag, you should be able to mount the Netboot Image on your server and use the following command to remove the flag from the file:

xattr -d -r com.apple.quarantine /Path/to/Imaging Application/

You may also have to do this when you upgrade the imaging application on your Netboot Set which you can do by mounting the image and dropping the new app in.

Edit: You may be able to use the defaults command to disable this prompt for the netboot set by doing the following:

defaults write /Volumes/NetbootImage/Library/Preferences/com.apple.LaunchServices LSQuarantine -bool NO

I haven't tested this, so YMMV.

brooksa
New Contributor
xattr -d -r com.apple.quarantine /Applications/Casper Suite

...would do the all apps within the Casper Suite folder.

TomDay

Fantastic, I am making the changes from home right now and will have my Team test today! TYVM

TomDay

@brooksa and @freddie.cox Thanks very much, this worked perfectly!