Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 6 kudos

ADPassMon 1.10.0 deployment

I’m trying to deploy ADPassMon 1.10.0 with a .plist and a LaunchAgent using Casper. I created the plist and launchagent files with TextWrangler and saved them as plain old text format. I packaged them up using Casper Composer in a .dmg file. When I d...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lost Contact with JSS on Port 8443

Hello, After updating certificates on the JSS console, I unloaded the Tomcat process from the command line to do a full backup (it's quicker that way). I reloaded it but was unable to connect using a browser or any of the Casper Suite apps. I am able...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Question

We have successfully enrolled the iPads on campus, but when we attempt to install a paid/vpp app through the VPP Invitation process the "pop up" never appears on any of the iPads in the invite group. I have followed all of the steps in the manual and...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dock customization

Hello All, I am trying to figure out a way to have a shortcut to specific applications that we use in house. On the Windows side of the house we have a folder specific to our applications that we install. I am wondering if there is a way I could repl...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

'lock' computer to a site

Now that I'm using the Sites feature for our local admins, I'm finding a problem where some users will re-enroll their computers (I have no idea why) and it will be removed from the site. The local admin calls me and I move it back to his site, but t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Modifying User and Location fields using API

Hi all Does anyone know of a way to clear out the contents of the User & Location fields for Mobile Devices using the API? Writing a new username into those fields using the API appears to perform an LDAP lookup, but it only updates the rest of the f...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

DUTI - question on usage and ARD or scripting

I've compiled and installed duti and can run local commands just fine. But I cannot seem to get shell scripts set via JAMF policies to execute successfully nor sending Duti commands via ARD. I know I'm missing something. What I have sent appears to r...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory-Only Records

I'm wondering if anyone else has come across this and has any suggestions: We are looking to enroll two computers into our JSS for the purpose of inventory only. They should run no policies whatsoever (including 'enrollmentComplete') and enforce no r...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Security issues with Students iOS devices

I am having security issues with students. We had a student scan our network with an android device and basically hacked the password for our Staff network it only took three days using this program. We currently have a hundred students on our staff ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X Yosemite Migration Plan

Milton is upgrading all clients to 10.10 starting with teachers-labs-students.We are using a Cache Policy / Install Policy via http.What are other Districts planning? Karl SengerSchool District of Milton  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service has encountered a problem

I am planning to Install Self Service Using a Policy, so I am following the steps shown here for version 9.0 or later: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=316 -- I download and decompress the self server.tar-- take a snapshot with Com...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault not enabling upon first login

Hi.. We're finally testing FV, and have a policy set to use an institutional key and to apply FV at next login. Upon first login, we get prompted to enable it but when we ultimately login, it's not enabled. I have to reboot, get prompted again at log...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to reference AD Home Directory

Hey all, I'm currently trying to use dockutil to rearrange and manage how the dock should look for both faculty and students. My only problem at this point is that I don't know exactly how to reference a user's Home Directory as set within AD. Our st...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS NetBoot Server will not start

I have deployed the appliance to a production vSphere 5.1 environment.I have uploaded the nbi file and set the subnet to 10.160.24.0/22 ( 255.255.252.0 )The ip address of the NetSUS appliance is 10.160.24.31/22 so it's in the same subnet.I can not ge...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

North Koreans are using Casper

http://nknetobserver.github.io Guys does scans looking for North Korean use of IP space, finds something called "Recon Suite" (actually Casper), says North Koreans are using a MacBook. Kinda hilarious actually.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restoring a User profile upon reboot

I currently have a policy configured that when a machine is shutting down it removes a standard user profile that we use in our lab and installs a dmg of that profile from the server to /Users. This has worked well up to now. I would rather keep a dm...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

3rd Party System Preferences Grayed Out

Hello, I'm trying to create a policy that only grays out the policy tab in system preferences. I have that working except that it seems to gray out all other 3rd party system preference panels, except the ones that are explicitly included in the JSS ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Getting Silverlight to work with a certain sites

Hi,I have users that go to www.baselineedge.com which requires Silverlight. For a while now users complain that the site tells them they need to update Silverlight or they need to install Silverlight. All these users already have the latest edition o...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile Accounts and User Level Config Profiles?

I have a Computer Level Config that creates a mobile account when the user logs in to their network account. I also have a User level Config that applies Restrictions on System Preferences. Both of these roll out just fine, but I have noticed that an...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors