EFI/firmware passwords or how to kick a dead horse

ifbell
Contributor

Okay I have perused the discussion pertaining to firmware passwords. I have read the 9.x administrator guide since I am using the 9 version of the JSS. I am still without the ability to set the firmware password. The scripts say they have run without issues in the logs but the moment I power up with the option key I am presented with disk choices.The test boxes I am using are mid 2012 laptops so I seem to read I do need setregproptool. Is there something else that I need to do with the JAMF policy for enabling the firmware that is not in the admin guide?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ifbell
Contributor

Problem solved, it seems my setregproptool was corrupt, replacement and retesting has solved it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Where does it state you don't need to use setregproptool? I haven't seen that so I'm curious if you can point to the location in the documentation where it implies that. We've been using the setregproptool for our EFI password needs and have never had an issue.

coreythefore
New Contributor

We just use the EFI Password payload in a policy. it seems to be working fine.

ifbell
Contributor

Seems an errant not was in my sentence.

ifbell
Contributor

Problem solved, it seems my setregproptool was corrupt, replacement and retesting has solved it.