El Capitan Policies Not Running in JSS 9.81

tthurman
Contributor III

Hey Everyone,

I currently have a ticket opened about this but I figured I'd ask about it as well.

For some reason, I cannot run any policies from Self Service while running El Capitan.

I get an error in the logs:

Mon Oct 19 12:44:15 EUC-13MBP-L13 jamf[4765]: Failed to set the attributes of Library/Preferences/com.jamfsoftware.selfservice.plist: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4 "The file “com.jamfsoftware.selfservice.plist” doesn’t exist." UserInfo={NSFilePath=Library/Preferences/com.jamfsoftware.selfservice.plist, NSUnderlyingError=0x7f9779605860 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=2 "No such file or directory"}}

JAMF Support is currently at a loss - we are doing more testing today.

I am running JSS 9.81.
I am running my JSS on a windows machine.
Policies can be run from Terminal just fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
TJ

9 REPLIES 9

b_mike
New Contributor III

Odd that the file path isn't ~/Library or /Library - even more bizarre that terminal has some information that the GUI is missing. I'm curious what the resolution and troubleshooting is able to narrow down in this case...

thoule
Valued Contributor II

Hi TJ - What are permissions on that file? The user has write access? This really sounds like a permissions issue. How many computers are affected?

tthurman
Contributor III

This happens on all El Capitan machines. We have tried changing the permissions but to no avail.

Regards,
TJ

dberg6
New Contributor

TJ- Any further news on this? I just put El Capitan on a test machine and am having the same issues. I removed the Framework and re enrolled the machine. Same errors.

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

This thread is not encouraging. I was planning on getting the JSS updated to 9.81 this week. Are others seeing similar problems? Was this a computer that was newly enrolled into the JSS with 9.81? or was it previously enrolled in the JSS with 9.81 and just recently upgraded to 10.11? Or was it previously enrolled in the JSS running an older version than 9.81 and then upgraded to 10.11?

dberg6
New Contributor

In my case it was a computer that was already enrolled and was working fine. I then updated to El Capitan and received the error. Thinking it was possibly JSS related we updated toe 9.81 but it did not fix the issue.
thanks
david

dberg6
New Contributor

Hey all I found this https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=17119 and not the Solved section but all the way at the bottom is the answer -> sudo rm -Rf /Library/Application Support/JAMF/tmp/
My jobs now run will test some more, but seems to be working

david

tthurman
Contributor III

@dberg6

That's good to hear, I'll also do some testing.

Regards,
TJ

tthurman
Contributor III

@dberg6

Unfortunately, that did not solve my problem.

Drat. Thanks anyway.

Regards,
TJ