Email notification of enrollment

Wacochra
New Contributor

Does anyone have a method for generating an email notification whenever a new computer (or even better, device) is enrolled? I've poked around but there doesn't seem to be an easy method and I'm just wondering if I'm overlooking something before I make a feature request out of it :)

4 REPLIES 4

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

Enable email notifications for the "All managed xxx" smart groups. As something is enrolled, it'll fall into that group's membership and you'll get an email.

Wacochra
New Contributor

Perfect, I figured there was something simple I hadn't thought of.. Thanks!

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

And if you're looking to get emailed when a user self enrolls as opposed to a machine that becomes enrolled through other methods like imaging etc. follow this KB article for making your Smart Group and then enable notifications for it.

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=295

fortinethla
New Contributor

Sorry, I am new to JAMF and have been using it for the last few days and still trying to figure out how to use this solution. I figure this would be good thread to ask this question. Can anyone point me to where I can configure a manual enrollment email to shoot out to our user to enroll? I know one of our JAMF contractor show us during the jumpstart session but it was too much information in one day and I might have overlooked. Thanks in advance.