Energy Saver Set Shutdown Time

nhubbard
New Contributor III

I have a little over 300 laptops that I would like to shut down every evening between this time and that time. I am able to make adjustments for this in configuration profile. However, a pop up window comes up warning the user that the laptop is going to shut down in x amount of time, and allows the user to cancel the operation. I do not want them to be allowed this option. I also have noticed if it shuts down as noted, the user can boot it back up and continue to use it.

Any solution to this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sswartz
New Contributor III

Would using a Configuration Profile : Parental Controls : Time Limits : Curfews satisfy your need?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

sswartz
New Contributor III

Would using a Configuration Profile : Parental Controls : Time Limits : Curfews satisfy your need?

nhubbard
New Contributor III

This just might work. Will post back for definite results. Thank you.

nhubbard
New Contributor III

It does work, however the box that pops up states they can "ask for more time" and there's a drop down box for the time to ask for. Then comes a popup asking for username and pw for an admin. These are student computers I am trying to limit and they are admins on the laptops. Am I going to have to bump them down to standard users in order for this to be successful, or is there a workaround.?

sswartz
New Contributor III

If the users are admins, there is very little you can actually force control that they would not be able to circumvent.

nhubbard
New Contributor III

I ended up bumping the users down to standard users and that resolved the problem. Thanks for all your help!