Enrollment Method Details in Device Record

njablonskinvcc
New Contributor

I have a bit of a stupid question. Why doesn't the Enrollment Method display for Computers in the Device Record? For example, in the screenshot below, you'll see the enrollment method is blank for a computer that passed through Prestage like normal.

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 3.28.37 PM.png

But for mobile devices, the enrollment method properly displays in the inventory record.

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 3.28.57 PM.png

This in no way seems to effect any function within Jamf. I'm just wondering why this is and if its the same for everyone.

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

DBrowning
Valued Contributor II

This is a known PI (PI116513) from Feb.

View solution in original post

DBrowning
Valued Contributor II

Really it just it doesn't show on the record.  But you can still scope for it and devices will show in the groups or run policies.  Its just a visual issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

DBrowning
Valued Contributor II

This is a known PI (PI116513) from Feb.

tkimpton
Valued Contributor II

I noticed this also. Whats the details of the PI please? I see this isn't in the listed known issues.

DBrowning
Valued Contributor II

Really it just it doesn't show on the record.  But you can still scope for it and devices will show in the groups or run policies.  Its just a visual issue.

njablonskinvcc
New Contributor

Thanks for this. Just was curious as to why it was happening or if there was a workaround.

whiteb
Contributor II

Good to know there is a PI for this. Though it seems to be a little more than a visual issue.

For example, I have a Smart Group based around a PreStage + Application. I have two computers listed in that group, when they shouldn't be. They're both in a different PreStage altogether.

'Enrollment Method:' is blank for both, which is probably why this is happening. Unfortunate, as I really need that to be reliable.