Enrollment Profile Unable to Install During Prepare phase in Configurator

lehmanp00
Contributor III

Doing some testing with the Apple Configurator and Casper.

When I use just the Prepare stage, I cannot get a WIFI or the enrollment profile to install. The WIFI profile I created with Configurator and the enrollment profile is from the Casper server (8.51). Configurator is 1.1.

What happens is that the iPad will be wiped and restored, then the iPad setup screens will appear. The Configurator will continue to install apps and then the profiles, but the WIFI profile doesn't get installed and the enrollment profile will stop and ask for you to tap "install". But the iPads are still at the Welcome screen! The Configurator then times-out and no profiles will get installed.

To get it working I have to:
Prepare stage 1: wipe,restore and add apps
Go thru the setup screens on the iPads
Prepare stage 2: un-check "erase device" and install just the WIFI profile.Run Prepare again. I will have to tap "Install" when the profile window pops.
Prepare stage 3: do the same but for the enrollment profile!

Thing is, if I do a Supervise of an iPad. The profiles install just fine.

Am I missing something?

2 REPLIES 2

Matt
Valued Contributor

Configurator is really buggy right now. It was doing all sorts of weird things at my CMA training last week (version 1.1). Every single one of did the exact same thing and got varied results.

FastGM3
Contributor

I'm having similar problems as well. What I don't get, and perhaps it's just my lack of understanding is why would I setup a profile to specify the WiFi?

Here's why I ask why, if the "new" iPads main setup screen process still ask me to choose my available WiFi what good is pushing the profile?

What I would expect when I push a profile, is to eliminate that setup screen on the iPad.

Also, having these iPads tucked away in the cart then running configurator and at some point having to pull out each iPad is a PAIN.