Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Mac Imaging and OS Versions

I have tried several methods in order to download several full versions of MacOS and not having any luck. I am somewhat new to JAMF and Macs so maybe I am going about it all the wrong way. I am trying to setup an NetSUS server for Imaging and as a Ne...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac App Store VPP updates

Keynote updated to 9.2 with the release of 10.15. In JAMF under Mac App Store Apps I have all the settings to "Check for updates" checked, including the location at Settings>Computer Management-Management Framework>App Updates. I am currently placing...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active Directory on macs

We are having an issue here in the district where the macs are no longer pulling from Active directory. Some are working just fine, but others that say they have completed the AD bind are not letting any user in unless its the local admin account. I ...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script - log to text file

I am trying something quite easy, but cannot find the command where it works So like following command find /library/etc -name '*.rtf" - type -f delete I want to see deleted files in log file. So I tried with > /path/txt.log also | tee path etc Logfi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS - Enforce Bluetooth On

We have recently started using Apple Classroom on our student MacBooks. The students have already figured out that disabling bluetooth interferes with classroom working. Has anyone figured out a way to force bluetooth on or check to see if bluetooth ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

URGENT: Has anyone seen this issue before?

We are currently issuing iOS and Mac OS devices, however they are not enrolling, we have found that our pre-stage is broken on Jamf. This has been raised but wondered if anyone else had seen this before? Its a massive issue to our business as we coul...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute for USB Scanner

I'm attempting to create an extension attribute that will echo the following command. sudo system_profiler SPPrintersDataType | grep 'Perfection|Expression' What I have so far in the EA is echo "system_profiler SPPrintersDataType | grep 'Perfection|E...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prestage Enrollment Issue

I have a prestage enrollment that ive assigned a couple of iPads to. Then I created a smart group with the criteria "Enrollment method: Prestage enrollment", "Operator set to IS" "Value set to the Prestage enrollment name". Then that smart group to a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trouble with new SSL cert for storage servers

Today I replaced the SSL cert for one of our storage servers. I used the JSS built-in CA to create the cert and installed it in the usual manner. While everything appears to be fine on pre-Catalina clients, the Catalina clients fail (refuse?) to conn...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Update Keychain Password Script

An ongoing issue at many locations for AD bound macs is that if the users change their password incorrectly their keychain does not sync. 10.14.4 and up compounded this due to the 'update keychain' prompt not working and just creating a new keychain....  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Catalina VPN Menu Strangeness

Hi brains trust, Is anyone else seeing odd behaviour of the VPN menu bar item? Sometimes my VPNs appear in there, sometimes they don't. I can't find a pattern. Is this a new "feature"? Cheers,Gavin  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Only certain users able to change profile picture

Hey all, I have a peculiar situation where some users are able to change their profile pictures whereas others are not. Ideally, we want everyone to be able to change their profile pictures. For context: Up until recently, Macs were set up by creatin...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

DeployStudio and Catalina?

Yes Apple have said for some considerable time that imaging is dead and to use DEP. However It has been possible to use DeployStudio to run the macOS Installer and then a 'normal' DeployStudio workflow and furthermore Apple have failed to provide a m...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatic profile re-install

When adding a computer to the exclusion tab for a Configuration Profile in Jamf, you get asked whether to push the profile to all systems, or just to "newly assigned" - this is, as I understand it, the mechanism to actually tell the newly excluded ma...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Discussion on Catalina and Volume Groups

I've been looking into how Catalina separates the partitions into System and Data partitions. Just as an experiment and trying to figure out how that all fits together I was trying to see if I could create an APFS Volume Group on my own using the com...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create standard local account

I am trying to create a local account for guest to use, I am able to create the local account payload under Profiles but I am unable to log on with that account. If the account is given administrative rights I am able to log on with that account, I d...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Activation lock on Catalina

So I am trying to figure out how this feature works on Catalina with Jamf. It seems like if we have a mac that is part of DEP it just unlocks when the install wizard starts up. But what about macs that are not registered to ABM? I can't see to find a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Profiles constantly re-installing

I re-enrolled my device in our cloud instance, and whenever the computer performs a recurring check-in (or I run a jamf policy command), all of my MDM profiles are pushed to the device. The scope doesn't change, so there shouldn't be any need to have...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restoring: Best Practices

Hey y'all! So we have been recently restoring 10+ computers every Friday through Internet Recovery/Recovery Mode. This has started to be taxing on our network and is pretty hands-on. How do you handle erase and installs? What is the best practice for...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

File Vault 2: No Longer Enabling on Catalina

We currently have a configuration profile that enables the FV2 & Redirects the Key back to JAMF servers. However now while testing with Catalina among all the is officially broken the FV2 seems to be in a loop. When I restart the machine I get the ty...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors