Temporary Adobe Install Account

catfeetstop
Contributor II

I just imaged a computer and when it restarted it booted straight to the hard drive and into a user account call Temporary Adobe Install Account. There's no indication that it's installing anything other than the fact that the fan is occasionally running loud. I guess it's the the post imaging install items and for some reason the OS isn't being masked by the black JAMF banner.

Maybe it's an 8.52 thing?

2 REPLIES 2

dpertschi
Valued Contributor

I have a remote office tech who has reported something similar to me several times. We're running 8.1. Imaging method was via Target Disk mode from an admin desktop. I honestly forget if all the software and configs were indeed applied or we re-imaged.

Since I was not on site to see this, I'm not so sure it wasn't some sort of user error because he hasn't always followed directions properly.

nessts
Valued Contributor II

another thing to check, is that you don't have any other policies that are being applied, we had a policy that checks to install any cached packages at login, this policy throws up the jamfhelper full screen and then kills the jamfhelper when its done, so if there are no updates it sometimes blinks at most if the users see it at all. well when that happens at firstboot, it causes all kinds of issues with the loginwindow working properly and the adobeinstall account. sometimes things worked but sometimes it hung too. we just disabled that policy during imaging and things work better, except the lousy adobe install, which works 70% of the time.