Epson Brightlink Interactive Driver 695Wi /Team ID and Bundle ID

Eigger
Contributor III

I hope someone here ran into same problem as us and have working solution. We are deploying drivers and tools for Epson Brightlink 695Wi. I dont know where to get Team ID for "seiko epson corporation". I can get the bundle ID by getting info from kext info.plist.

13 REPLIES 13

Eigger
Contributor III

Is this it? I might have found it accidentally!
107b78105e244ed2827305d0763691d9

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

@Eigger I have the 4 extensions below.

Printer Epson, Inc. TXAEAV5RN4 com.epson.iokit.EPHIDEvtDriver Printer Epson, Inc. TXAEAV5RN4 com.epson.print.kext.USBPrintClass Remote Projection Epson, Inc. TXAEAV5RN4 com.epson.driver.EPSONProjectorAudio EasyMP Software Utilities Remote Projection Epson, Inc. TXAEAV5RN4 com.epson.driver.EPSONProjectorMPPAudio EasyMP Software Utilities

From Sheet 1 here

FWIW, we have weird issues with 10.13.5 and interactive mode with these projectors, but Epson says it's just us. I had to modify their launch agent with Keep alive true key to get it to a working state.

Eigger
Contributor III

@CasperSally Thanks!!! What is happening that you have to modify the launch agent?

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

interactive mode (where pens move mouse) doesn't work right most of the time.

achristoforatos
Contributor II

Been having the same issue on mojave. Pens work with projector but will intermittently work with the OS. when unplugging and then plugging back in it stops working. anyone else find any fixes?

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

@achristoforatos are you using brightlink projectors with Smart software? Smart said if you are, to not install Smart drivers nor smart ink (let the pens rely on the epson software for that). That with the latest version 19 our one test teacher had better results on 10.14.5. I hope it keeps working because the teachers were so frustrated last year and I didn't get anywhere with Epson or Smart.

achristoforatos
Contributor II

@CasperSally We have brightlink 696ui projectors. We have been trying to get it to work with the easy interactive driver and tools. But it works when it wants. Seems to work only when powering the unit on while it's already plugged in. Windows machines have no issues. Are you saying to not use the smartboard drivers? Because epsons easy interactive drivers are terrible thus far.

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

Yes, i'm saying for users with epson smart projectors, don't install Smartboard drivers or ink. For years I had been installing Smartboard drivers plus epson interactive drivers and tools, and didn't have an issue until 10.13.x.

However, the issues i saw above I don't believe we were ever able to reproduce unless Smart was opened. If you're seeing the issue before Smart is ever opened, could be unrelated. Again, we only had one heavy user testing Mojave Epson Smart in Spring and she reported much better results once I gave her a clean machine that never had Smart drivers. It could be a fluke that she was lucky and it comes back, we'll see in a few weeks once everyone is Mojave here.

achristoforatos
Contributor II

@CasperSally We actually have new macbook airs running mojave 10.14.4. And the easy interactive tools were working with our initial tests a few months ago but now have been no joy. We also are not using smart drivers yet.

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

Sounds like maybe a different issue. I'll report back if our teachers have Epson issues this year (most will be 10.14.5, some 10.14.6). I am no longer modifying the launch agent for anyone else following along.

achristoforatos
Contributor II

@CasperSally What was the keep alive true remark you made up above?

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

I modified their launch agent with Keep alive true key. I wouldn't recommend it. This one teacher in particular said it didn't really help her (though others said it did... I dunno).

achristoforatos
Contributor II

@CasperSally I'm curious enough to want to look into this rather than the current solution of running several feet of usb cable. Mind sharing those steps with me?