Erase-Install

agyekum28
New Contributor III

I package the erase install .pkg running the latest version of swift dialog and input the command /Library/Management/erase-install/erase-install.sh --os 14 --update --reinstall --confirm to update a test machine in Jamf Pro, it is scoped to self service and when I do run it nothing happens, logs show that the password is incorrect and a parse error, I never got a dialog box to enter a password for it to be wrong and also the parse error, does anyone have any insights? 

1 REPLY 1

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@agyekum28 If you download the erase-install.pkg from https://github.com/grahampugh/erase-install/releases it already includes swiftDialog and mist-cli so there's no need to build a new package with those components.

As for running the erase-install script from Jamf Pro, you should use the intermediary erase-install-launcher.sh script so that the policy running erase-install will actually complete if it succeeds (running erase-install directly doesn't allow a policy to complete because if erase-install works the Mac it's running on will restart).

Try your test with the latest erase-install.pkg (v31.0 at this time) and the erase-install-launcher.sh script. If it's still not working please post the erase-install log file.