Error on ipads cannot verify server identity.

EliasG
Contributor

I have ipads that are getting " cannot verify server identity" the identity of casper cannot be verified by safari. I have attached a picture. This is happening when I click on the self service.683b24d345b24e19b82f1c178b5a4046

3 REPLIES 3

bburdeaux
Contributor II

The most common culprit, and easiest to overlook in my experience, is the date/time being wrong. This is especially true in environments where the devices are likely to not be charged often enough and have their batteries drain completely. Luckily I work in K-12, so that never happens to us... [/sarcasm]

Otherwise, it has been possible in the past for the JSS's CA to be un-trusted on the device. This is done in Settings>General>About>Certificate Trust Settings. In recent versions of the JSS, the switch for the CA should be locked, but this wasn't always the case.

Schooltech65
New Contributor

Do you still see your profiles installed? There's another thread going about mdm profiles disappearing from Mac clients, and our first sign was self service issues.

https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/23925/mdm-profile-randomly-auto-deleted

kwsenger
Contributor

Second on the date/time not being correct on the iPad. This happens to me once a week in our elementary buildings when kids want to extend their time on a game.