Error: This script must be run at the login trigger

honda03v6
New Contributor

I am getting this message after trying to manually run the script in Casper Remote. I am new to all this so I might be missing some info in the script itself. I am trying to run mountNetworkShare.sh so any user that logs in their network drives will automatically re-map. The policy clearly shows it is triggered by login so I am not sure why I am getting this error. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

So, at first you mentioned trying to run it in Casper Remote, but later mention a policy. Which is it? Because if you're trying it through Casper Remote, that's why you're getting the error. That script is designed to be triggered by a user logging in so the loginhook script can capture the user information. If you do it via Casper Remote, that's not seen as a login trigger.

If you look at the script in a text editor, you'll see the first line under the SCRIPT CONTENTS section that states:

loginUsername="$3"

That defines the Casper $3 variable as the user's name. That only works when done via a login trigger or in a Self Service policy.

In short, you can't run this script through Casper Remote unless you modify it.

Hope that helps

honda03v6
New Contributor

Ok, thanks I did not know that. I was only trying it in Casper Remote because it failed as a Self Service policy as well so I wanted to see the logs of it. Where exactly do I edit the script then for this one? Maybe I am putting my info in at the wrong place? I do not need to create a package for this script correct?

Thanks again

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Well, are you using Kerberos in your environment? Or are users logged in with local accounts? I don't use this script myself, but looking through it I see that its really designed to work best in a Kerberos setup.
There are a lot of options you can set for this script and in fact, $4 through $8 variables should be set as parameters passed to the script when its added into the policy (Self Service or login) Was that done when you added it into the Self Service policy you tested?

Edit: And yes, no package should be needed for this.

Correction - it looks like you can either hardcode values for things like Authentication Type and Mount type or you can assign them to the parameters. It may not be necessary to assign them in the parameters section.

honda03v6
New Contributor

We will be using a Kerberos setup. Yes I did add these options when I added it into the Self Service policy. Can you tell me exactly where to put my info in on the script, I am thinking this is where my hang up is. For instance: if [ "$8" != ""] && [ "$share" == ""];then share=$8

where does my data go on this one?

Thanks