Every Install Failing on Self Service

callum_baird82
New Contributor II

Anyone else experiencing this? Every install is just saying "error" then stopping.

Is this due to a discrepency in version numbers i.e. I have JAMF admin 10.7.1 but my JAMF version is something else?

Didn't think this would cause an issue.

8 REPLIES 8

ryan_ball
Valued Contributor

What does it show in /var/log/jamf.log?

callum_baird82
New Contributor II
There was an error.

Unknown Error - An unknown error has occurred.

software_ccgs
New Contributor

Yes I have this same client error after upgrading to 10.7.1

jleomcdo
Contributor

I upgraded to 10.7.1 today and ran into the same issue. I have a case open now.
I found that it only appears to be affecting my macOS 10.13.6 and 10.14 Macs. Most of my clients are 10.12.6 and they appear go be working fine.

Hugonaut
Valued Contributor II

I believe the self service should update itself.

If using a self hosted server, and if that self hosted server is a Mac, what OS is your Mac Server on?

I ask only because we had a Mac Server hosting our Apache & Share Repo. On 10.11.6 it failed & on 10.13.6 if failed. On 10.12.6 it worked great!

Updating the JSS to 10.7 makes updates to Apache/Tomcat & resources it uses. This doesn't play well with 10.11.6.

I don't know EXACTLY why it didnt work on 10.13.6, I believe some of the sharing features were the issue but since it worked on 10.12 I moved on due to a lack of enough time to fully investigate... I hope this helps

Virtual MacAdmins Monthly Meetup - First Friday, Every Month

jleomcdo
Contributor

I'm running JSS on Windows 2016 with MySQL 5.6.

You still get this error when running "jamf policy -id xxx" from terminal. I don't know if it's strictly related to Self Service.

software_ccgs
New Contributor

My issue was solved when I read and followed the article "On-Prem Jamf Pro Customers Upgrading to 10.7"

"For on-premise Jamf Pro customers upgrading to 10.7.0, follow the instructions in this article before upgrading. This will help determine whether your environment is affected by the following two known issues with smart computer groups:
[PI-006260] In Jamf Pro, binary communication fails when using a smart computer group with "Computer Group" criteria that includes a non-existent smart group."

Running the query produced a non-existent smart group entry in the db. The solution was to create a static smart group with the same name.
Once that was done everything worked.

nporter
New Contributor

Yes, I am experiencing this as well. Started around Sept 22-24th.

Jamf 10.7.1 with Jamf Admin 10.7.1.

Most of my clients are 10.13.6 but even a few of the 10.12 are exhibiting the same issue.

Mac App installs seem to still work and printer installs are working. It seems to be pkg and dmg that we have created. They worked fine until the Sept date. Mystery!