MDM profile removal problems

Playdespacito
New Contributor

So, anyways, as a high school student, I am looking to remove an MDM profile that is stored on my computer that has a bunch of restrictions. With 'sudo -s' then typing in 'profiles -R -p com.uni.mdm' I get returned 101: profile is not removable. I then went to a thread regarding how to remove an unremovable mdm profile and came across to do this via nuking the directory that the MDM is stored in. I typed in as bash 3.2#: 'rm -r /var/db/ConfigurationProfiles' and after typing in 'y' a bunch of times in an attempt to remove it, I get that it is not permitted. I have no idea how or why, but I am looking for some help. Thanks for reading this and I hope I can get some help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

prl
Contributor

@Playdespacito even if you manage to remove the profile it will trigger a flag for your IT team to come track down the hardware and you. I suggest you ask the IT team if they need any student helpers if you want some more freedom on institutionally owned devices available to you. What are you trying to use the macbook for anyhow? it won't run Fortnite or Pubg the way you'll hope.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

prl
Contributor

@Playdespacito even if you manage to remove the profile it will trigger a flag for your IT team to come track down the hardware and you. I suggest you ask the IT team if they need any student helpers if you want some more freedom on institutionally owned devices available to you. What are you trying to use the macbook for anyhow? it won't run Fortnite or Pubg the way you'll hope.

jared_f
Valued Contributor

@Playdespacito This is not the forum for this type of question. Your sounds like your device is institutionally owned and the management is locked on it. I second @prl, I would reach out to your IT team and ask for expanded privileges. In addition, your IT department can get notifications when running commands in terminal.

Playdespacito
New Contributor

Ok, thanks I never thought of that, and I probably will try to reach out to the IT team about helping/expanded privileges. (Not, I'm not trying to run Fortnite of pubg, I can only run .io games for like 5 minutes before the fan starts kicking into overdrive, so I doubt those would work at all.) Thanks for the help!