exempt machines from managed prefs

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

So,

My co-worker enforced a desktop wall paper and my iMac was not defined as any particular computer on the network so it picked up the policy. I want to create an exempt smart group that never gets any management, but I am failing to see where I tell the JSS to do this.....

Help?

Thanks

Tom

3 REPLIES 3

jstrauss
Contributor

Can you use a naming convention on non-managed machines and use the not like logic in smart grouping?

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

Yes I have the smart group already built, and it is by naming convention everyone in my department has the word "admin" in the computer name and there are over a dozen machines in there now. However, I want a global do not manage list and I want that smart group to be in it. I probably just need to read through the Casper 7 manual, but was looking for the quick answer on the mailing list.

Thanks

Tom

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

One thing I've been experimenting with is dummy receipts... sounds like a great way to keep them straight.

I'm going to have dummy receipts for which profile Mac people are on (admin-user, non-admin etc) and I'll be making smart groups off of that.

j
---
Jared F. Nichols
Desktop Engineer, Infrastructure & Operations
Information Services Department
MIT Lincoln Laboratory
244 Wood Street
Lexington, Massachusetts 02420