Extension Attribute for Trend Version issue

jimmyb
New Contributor

I tweaked out an EA to show the Trend Apex One AV version, however, out of 80+ machines it only returns the version value for one. What am I missing here?

#!/bin/sh
# Returns the "Product Version" of the installed client, if found

if [ -d /Library/Application Support/TrendMicro/TmccMac/UIMgmt.app ]; then
    AppVersion=`/Library/Application Support/TrendMicro/TmccMac/UIMgmt.app/Contents/Info.plist CFBundleShortVersionString`
    echo "<result>$AppVersion</result>"
else
    echo "<result>Not installed</result>"
fi

exit 0
4 REPLIES 4

swapple
Contributor III

following... what other trend EAs can we use?

jimmyb
New Contributor

There are quite a few if you look under Resources > JAMFPro addons > Extension Attributes from the menu at the top of the JAMF Nation page. I modified a MS Word EA for this but it isn't working properly. You can build your own if you know a bit of scripting. I'm no pro by any means but I can make my way around most scripts. EDIT: I missed "Trend" in your post. There are none in the EA pages. I'll post the latest update EA I found momentarily.

jimmyb
New Contributor

Trend EA for latest update date:

!/bin/sh

if [ -f /Library/Application Support/TrendMicro/common/conf/tmccmac.conf.plist ]; then
    DATE=`/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "print :ACTIVEUPDATE:LastUpdateDatePatternV" /Library/Application Support/TrendMicro/common/conf/tmccmac.conf.plist`
    DATE=`date -r $DATE | awk '{ print $3,$2,$4}'`
else
    DATE="Not Found"
fi

echo "<result>$DATE</result>"

swapple
Contributor III

Is there an update to this?  All of mine return "not found".  I have asked Trend numerous times for EA tips like last update or last scan or version and they always reply trend can't do that.