Failed verification for downloaded package

Yamashiro
New Contributor III

I uploaded package(DMG file that was supplied by a vendor) to JSS server.
Upload looks to have completed successfully, but failed policy to install this package.

This is the error in log.

$sudo jamf policy 
Checking for policies triggered by "recurring check-in" for user "xxxx"...
Executing Policy test_dmg_deploy_20180417
Downloading https://apne1-jcds.jamfcloud.com/...
Verifying DMG...
Error: Could not verify the downloaded package. 1
Error: foo.dmg is corrupt.
Checking for patches...
No patch policies were found.
Submitting log to https://xxx/

Note.Download URL are valid,but failed verification for downloaded package.

I take steps in order to solve this problem, I choosed in JSS setting Settings > Computer Management > Security > Package Validation = Never

I choosed in JSS setting by references from this site
Perform package verification AFTER downloading

However, I changed the setting, but the problem did not solve it.
I want to solve the problem without repackageing package(DMG file that was supplied by a vendor).
I hope it helps!

3 REPLIES 3

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@Yamashiro Unless your vendor supplied a .dmg specifically intended to be distributed via Jamf Pro it isn't going to work for installation via a Policy. The .dmg packages created by Jamf Composer have a specific folder structure that's required. If you have a .dmg that simply contains an application you want to install in the root directory of the disk image you will need to re-package it.

Yamashiro
New Contributor III

Thanks! @sdagley When repackaging vendor supplied a .dmg file with Jamf Composer, "Scripts", "Settings", "Snapshots" folders were created.
I would like some information about the specific folder structure.

allanp81
Valued Contributor

The folder structure should match the target, ie. if you were distributing an application then the root of your DMG should have /Applications/Applicationname.app