FCPX 10.0.9 invalid app icon

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

Got a weird issue. I packaged and FCPX1009 and tried deploying via SS. (packaged just be doing a normal snapshot and just dragging the Final Cut Pro.app file into Composer, w/o running anything, made a DMG, uploaded to CAdmin).

The App comes down as expected, but has an invalid app icon. so I launch it and it says it wont launch. SO I delete it and redownload it and this time I do a get info on the FCP.app file and it changes from a invalid app icon to just a generic icon, then finally to the FCP icon.

Once it changes to teh FCP icon and the policy finishes, the app runs as expected.

If I delete it again (using app zapper or app cleaner), and re-run the install again, then it seems to be fine.

1 REPLY 1

benyoung
New Contributor

Hi jwojda,

I'm going through the process of packaging FCP1009 as we speak and came across your issue. I'm wondering if its goto do with permissions or a missing preference file? By now you may have already resolved your issue however. Did you happen to use the Final Cut Pro Composer manifest to build you package?

Ben