File Share Distribution Points - Issue with index.bom

fabbrigiulio
New Contributor

Good morning all,

Starting this morning, I'm having a problem with the download of each package from one of our Jamf File Share Distribution Points.

At the end of each URL call appears the string "/
54d1dc738fb34a46bf200ab161d90c60
".
This causes problems with downloads that don't start..
Has anyone else had this kind of problem?

Thanks everyone in advance!
Giulio F.

8 REPLIES 8

mark_mahabir
Valued Contributor

I think the issue might be spaces in your filenames - it’s worth renaming files that include spaces with underscores instead, and re-test.

m_entholzner
Contributor III
Contributor III

@fabbrigiulio , we're facing the same issue now... were you able to find a solution for this?

fabbrigiulio
New Contributor

@m.entholzner

We fixed this after about two months...
It was a change made on the NetScaler of our Firewall that blocked all unauthenticated access.
Our JamfShare was without authentication and for this reason we could no longer distribute the packages.

To overcome this problem we had created a script with Curl that would automatically download from JamfShare

I hope I was helpful!

leoos
New Contributor

I have been seeing the same issue.

My JamfShares are using Apache to serve the files via Https. The index.bom URL issue occurs randomly. A policy may see this URL on a policy run and not on the next one. Very strange.

I am using authentication to my JAMF Shares via Apache. The issue also occurs across files with spaces in the URL/filename and those without spaces. 

sohocole
New Contributor

@leoos Did you ever find a solution?

sohocole
New Contributor

@leoos Did you ever find a solution 

leoos
New Contributor

Hi @sohocole 

I'm afraid not. It really is annoying. I've been out of the office for a few weeks and have deleted thousands of warning emails this morning. 

You can restart a Mac that is having the issue and it usually then works fine. Or you can leave it sit there and something unknown will change and the policy will run successfully. 

So the problem may be actually on the Mac trying to communicate with the Distribution point rather than an issue with the distribution point settings.

As I said though, not resolved.

sohocole
New Contributor

@leoos  I ended up creating a samba share. No issues with it so far.