FileVault 2 Not Enabling "Deferred enablement appears to be active for user..." - Has Secure Token

BrookieB
New Contributor II

I have combed through all the threads here before posting, I am trying to figure out why this is happening to all unencrypted Macs on this server. The user gets a pop-up to enable FV, enter password, and then the following shows up in the logs:

Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 11.43.30 AM.png

All the users have Secure Token, and they are enabled for FV2. Any help would be appreciated. 

Here is the setup we have:

Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 11.56.51 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 11.57.06 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-07 at 11.57.16 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@BrookieB Has the user logged out and back in again (or restarted)? Once enabled FileVault won't be activated until that  happens.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@BrookieB Has the user logged out and back in again (or restarted)? Once enabled FileVault won't be activated until that  happens.

BrookieB
New Contributor II

I think this might be it. The list is SLOWLY going down, and the remainders have not rebooted in a month+, before I created the policy! 

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

Just a recommendation. You don't need a policy and profile anymore. Just push the profile to the computer. If you are using a PreStage enrollment, include the profile in your PreStage and ensure it is scoped to stay on the computer after enrollment. That will ensure FV is enabled when the user first logs in. 

BrookieB
New Contributor II

Thank you! I will try that out.