Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

macOS Big Sur clients are requesting PRK to boot.

Hallo Jamfnation i got a question: We have some macOS BigSur clients that are asking for the personal recovery key, most of them are M1 Macbook airs with standard users with a securetoken. It is totally at random so after a reboot or shutdown and the...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

FV2 Users not displaying when multiple exist

Hi everyone, I am trying to confirm that the username on the computer is the same as the Filevault2 username in some kind of report. Currently if I navigate into the computer > Disk Description > FileVault 2 Enabled Users: Name Some computers have Fi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault weirdness on M1 macBook with 11.3.1

Hi all,Apologies in advance if this is a numpty question - I've avoided centrally managing FileVault for as long as I've been managing macOS because of its oddities, but recently I had a rush of blood to the head (after being glared at by our CyberSe...  View more

f8f75561dadb41f3a520f86206d9536a d31259ab7d9d4db8858533579464424b
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Check-in on the Login Screen

I cant login to one of the mac laptop which is encrypted. If i check the mac on jamf it shows Personal Recovery Key Validation is UNKOWN. I have created a policy on jamf to create a local admin account on that mac by following this https://www.jamf.c...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Giving out Securetokens

Hi there I need some help please. I have an Extension attribute and Smart group to show me all users where the SecureToken is Disabled. We have a management account whereby in terminal you can manually give a ST to someone that does not have a ST usi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault config woes...

Background: We currently apply a configuration profile to enforce FileVault, with a personal recovery key and redirection payload. We use DEP and create local user accounts, we're not AD bound or using Jamf connect etc. as yet. We create an admin sup...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trend Apex One and FileVault Disk Encryption

Hi All, Is anybody using Trend for disk encryption and specifically storing their recovery keys with Trend instead of Jamf Pro. What were your experiences with Trend as opposed to using Jamf and config profiles to turn on FV2. ThanksSimon  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Connect / Google IdP / FileVault?

Hello,I work in a K-8 school district and we use Jamf Connect with Google as the IdP. We are starting to look at the new M1 MacBook Airs since that's what is now available (these will even be our first USB-C MacBook Airs) and have come to find that t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

manage encryption keys

since dell ddpe is not available for big sur, how do we manage and store the filevault encrpytion keys to jamf ? we used ddpe to store the keys and to handle USB encryption with windows formatted usb drives.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault Workflow

Hello folks. Sorry for dredging up Filevault processes again, but I'm sort of in a muddle. Our situation/requirements are currently thus (for intel and M1 Macbooks): The Macbooks are bound to AD Once domain-joined, the Macbook owner will have a non-a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault the Prestage Local Admin account

In our Prestage we set an Local Admin account as below On ADE setup, users creates account, DEPnotify comes on and installs apps. On Completion DEPNotify is with Restart button. User clicks Restart and is prompted for their pwd to enable FileVault fo...  View more

dee58f2866334e248b207dc4f26cf3c3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

File Vault 2 deferred enablement

Dear all,I'm having a lot of trouble with some machines with File Vault 2 config profile and policy applied to enforce the enablement, however for like 5-6 machines for a total of about 30, File Vault 2 results disabled and the policy log says "FileV...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

FileVault Escrow IRK and Policies

Hi Everyone, Currently we have setup a config profile that creates a personal recovery key that uses the built in Escrow certificate from Jamf. My question is do we care about having a separate IRK? Previously we were using an IRK on Meraki. Also, wo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migrating FileVault from Meraki MDM to Jamf

Hi Everyone, We are in the process of migrating our users from Meraki to Jamf Pro. Users are already FV2 encrypted with an IRK. We'd like to use the escrow feature Jamf provides as it stores the key within Jamf. Do we need to decrypt the drives first...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault keys in Intune?

We use Jamf for our Apple management but recently our organization got InTune running for the Windows folks. It was asked if Intune can be used for the Apple devices to which I'm aware that jamf can tie into it. I just don't know the extent of that a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Filevault 2 key - changes from valid to invalid

We've been noticing a trend of machines with a valid recovery key suddenly transitioning from valid to invalid. We monitor this with 3 smartgroups via email notificationsFV2 key is knownFV2 PRK is known, key is unknownFV2 key is unknown. When a devic...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Big Sur Filevault

Hi All, we have our setup the following: Automated Device Enrolment (creates Local Admin Account)Jamf Login - O365 - all users are standard users. Policy to set FileVault at next logout. This is set by a policy defined in 'Policies'. I am now getting...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels