Filter by More than Name

micah002
New Contributor

I want to be able to create a static computer group, but the only filtering option is by "computer name." I want to filter by either Serial Number or Asset Tag.

Is there a way to make this happen? It seems incredibly inefficient to only allow searches by computer name. What if the name was changed? What if there is more than one computer with the same name on the network?

It seems we should be able to select how we want to filter the devices considering we can do that from the main search page.

2 REPLIES 2

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

I don't know for certain, but my guess is you need to go into Inventory Display preferences (Management Settings > Inventory Display) in your JSS and check "on" a bunch of the display columns for things you'd like to see. These preferences are carried over into the Smart and Static Group views and selection screens. Our Static Group selection screen shows 15 columns to sort by, including a couple of custom Extension Attribute fields.

gabester
Contributor III

Did you see this feature request: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/feature-requests/8135/computer-policies-improve-filter-functionality

I know you're looking for computer info, but being able to filter better in other search areas also has benefits.