FIlter or Block Apple TV ads in classrooms

tcarlson
New Contributor III

After the new update many teachers are complaining that when they disconnect from Apple TV via Airplay they are getting the ads for shows/movies . These are in the banner of Apple TV menu, they find them distracting and trying to find a quick way to filter or block them. I've had them scroll down so that the banner isnt on the screen, it is a temporary work around as it will eventually default back up. Looks like there isn't any filters on restrictions on Ad content in JAMF. Any info would be helpful

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

sdamiano
Contributor II

It doesn't seem that a payload exists for this specific ask.

You have two options right now:

1. Enable conference room display.
  2. Have the instructors do the steps listed here.

I don't see a payload in Jamf or in Profile Creator for performing the above steps, however, I'd imagine that it must exist somewhere.

View solution in original post

atomczynski
Valued Contributor

What I've done is used the Home Screen Layout Profile. I've added a few applications to the profile and the Settings app (com.apple.TVSettings) is the first app on the list. This puts the app icon on the top left. Instead of ads for movies, etc you see the static gear logo. (edit: Using the same Profile I put the Movies, Photos, TV Shows, etc apps into a folder)
580e272920af43c48b24759c9640bb7d

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sdamiano
Contributor II

It doesn't seem that a payload exists for this specific ask.

You have two options right now:

1. Enable conference room display.
  2. Have the instructors do the steps listed here.

I don't see a payload in Jamf or in Profile Creator for performing the above steps, however, I'd imagine that it must exist somewhere.

atomczynski
Valued Contributor

What I've done is used the Home Screen Layout Profile. I've added a few applications to the profile and the Settings app (com.apple.TVSettings) is the first app on the list. This puts the app icon on the top left. Instead of ads for movies, etc you see the static gear logo. (edit: Using the same Profile I put the Movies, Photos, TV Shows, etc apps into a folder)
580e272920af43c48b24759c9640bb7d

tcarlson
New Contributor III

Thank you @sdamiano and @atomczynski, both worked for what i was needing. The first stopped the videos and the second kept the menu more generic looking, better for the classroom.