First Run Post Install Script not executed

Fjord
New Contributor

Hi all.

We have a minor issue during imaging new machines.
When a machine will be imaged by Casper Imaging, a Post Install Script is created and added to the machine.

This script should bind our machines to the AD using Centrify and update the Inventory.
Somehow it seems that this is not happening.
I tested the last client on Friday and let him reboot from HDD.

Till now the scripts has not been executed.
Is there a reason why this could be the case?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

maiksanftenberg
Contributor II

Joseph we changed some setting after talking to Drew from JAMF.
We moved some of our scripts or the Centrify Directory Binding to be executed during the startup and once per machine.

Now it's running fine even without having the first run script.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

Which OS's? I'm having an issues where 10.8 machines are taking 6 to 7 minutes to enroll after being imaged. First run scripts are working - you just have to wait it out since they aren't triggered until after enrollment is done.

Fjord
New Contributor

Thanks,

all machines are 10.8.2.
Waiting now for 3 days and already performed several reboots.
Nor result.

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@Fjord, what version of the JSS? I think I saw this with 8.6, but not with 8.61.

Also, what version of Casper imaging are you using.

Fjord
New Contributor

JSS and Casper Imaging are both on 8.62.

jtekippe
New Contributor II

I'm seeing an issue with this as well. Just imaged 7 identical iMacs with 10.8.2 using 8.62. Of these seven , four ran the script as expected, two ran the script after I rebooted them and logged in with my local admin credentials, and one seems to have given up on running the script at all.

The one that won't run the script does have a crash report for jamfhelper. Jamfhelper crashed at some point immediately after imaging, so I imagine this has something to do with it.

maiksanftenberg
Contributor II

Joseph we changed some setting after talking to Drew from JAMF.
We moved some of our scripts or the Centrify Directory Binding to be executed during the startup and once per machine.

Now it's running fine even without having the first run script.

nessts
Valued Contributor II

one other thing i have noticed,
if you run imaging while booted from 10.6.x and trying to image to 10.7 many times the firstrun does not ever exist to run.