Garageband for iOS shows "Pending - Tethered connection required"

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

We have quite a fast network and really don't care if it takes awhile to download the initial app, so I'm concerned that now, again, Apple is making us have to jump through hoops to make one of their apps work. We use VPP to push all the apps to student use iPads which are all supervised.

Anyone else seeing this message and have any workarounds?

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

Check the app in the dashboard. The Require tethered network connection for app installation setting may have been inadvertently checked. See the screenshot below on its location. The app must be set to Install Automatically for it to show.

e6e3574e648148d78fa3eec4bb79dd97

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

Check the app in the dashboard. The Require tethered network connection for app installation setting may have been inadvertently checked. See the screenshot below on its location. The app must be set to Install Automatically for it to show.

e6e3574e648148d78fa3eec4bb79dd97

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

File under the "I'm an idiot" policy for this one. Nice feature I guess I should have read about at some point. In the meantime at least I learned how to use the "Sharing" system preference to basically turn a Mojave machine into a caching server.

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools