General Slowness JSS 9.96 for Windows

struskowski
New Contributor

Good Afternoon-

Has anyone else noticed a general slowness when navigating around the JSS for Windows? I noticed it right after upgrading to 9.96. Resource wise, the server appears to be fine.

Thanks,
Scott

13 REPLIES 13

thoule
Valued Contributor II

I've noticed it to be noticeably slower than previous versions. Not terrible or a problem, but it is a little annoying.

msnowdon
Contributor

I have noticed slowness as well. Tried different browsers. My account rep mentioned that Tomcat 8 is more resource intensive on the server itself. Sometimes when I'm in the JSS, I get "page cannot be displayed" when navigating through different pages.

ooshnoo
Valued Contributor

996 includes Tomcat 8. use the Database Utility and up the RAM allowance for Tomcat, and restart the service. had to do this on both our front end and backend servers.

dpertschi
Valued Contributor

Yes, absolutely, and I've got Tomcat set to use 6 GB memory. I'll categorize as terrible, especially with the Policy view defaulting all the time to show all.

lehmanp00
Contributor III

Not just Windows, we have JSS running on Ubuntu and it can be painfully slow to pull up pages. The Mobile App Catalog list is especially bad.

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

Our windows JSS is clustered - it isn't slow at all with 9.96 - but ours crashes 2-3x a week. If anyone seeing that, there's some others in this thread

stevevalle
Contributor III

Yes, it's hard not to notice how slow it is! It's really really slow.

Our JSS in running on Windows 2012R2 with 6GB allocated to Tomcat.

Navigating the web admin page is slow, Casper Admin grinds to a halt when dragging new packages into a configuration.

Also, the Reveal in Finder button in Casper Admin doesn't work. I used to use this a lot.

Hope there is a fix for this in the next revision!

mahughe
Contributor

and it's not just Windows hosted JSS's that are sluggish..My OS X cluster is slow, and was immediately slow after upgrading to 9.96. There is another thread out here about this as well.

ooshnoo
Valued Contributor

have you guys done as I suggested and upped the memory allocation to Tomcat?

this is what jamf support told me to do, and it fixed the issue right away.

stevevalle
Contributor III

We went from 4GB to 6GB allocated to Tomcat, with no difference.

@ooshnoo How much are you allocating? Would love to resolve this issue!

ooshnoo
Valued Contributor

@stevevalle

Jamf Support told us to allocate 1/2 of the RAM installed on the server. So since our server has 16GB of RAM, we allocated 8.

msnowdon
Contributor

I also noticed that I get "script has become unresponsive" errors when using FireFox with accessing the JSS since upgrading to 9.96.

stevevalle
Contributor III

@ooshnoo Thanks!

Our server also has 16GB so I just increased Tomcat to 8GB. Lets see how we go!